Snails in copepod production?

Jackalope12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Messages
98
Reaction score
97
Location
Quad Cities
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I put a Bumblebee snail or 2 in copepod productuction? Is the a better invert?

I have 4 x4gal plastic containers each with around 2.5 to 3 gallons. They are in a room with a safety heater to keep temperature above 72F. But no individual heat or filtration. I harvest phytoplankton every 5 to 8 days to feed the copepods. And harvest 1/2 a gallon of pods a week for mandarins from each container and refil with fresh water. Each container also has Chaeto macroalgae

Would a Bumblebee snail or 2 in each container help clean up the dead pods? Or would it be to toxic
 
ammonia naturally gradually increases in copepod cultures, I would not add snails.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new