Snails spawning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chriscz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chriscz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2025
Messages
88
Reaction score
128
Location
Seattle WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upon seeing my tank when getting to the office, I first thought I was having an issue with the filter, or that some critter had really knocked something big over.........

but just nature doing its thing!

 
Looking good! Depending on your system, theres a high chance the trochus snails will reproduce!
 
That would be great. Ive read their free floating larval stage is relatively short (3-7 days) so hopefully some will avoid the feeding frenzy, the filter and protein skimmer, and get to settle somewhere and start to grow. I turned the filter pump off for several hours, but that may not be enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new