SnapCrackleD's BioCUBE

snapcrackled

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my tank. I had to start it all over since during the summer my tank crashed because of a power outage... word of advice, get a generator or even any kind of backup plan for when outages happen, cause they do. So to all of my lost live stocks, RIP.
 

Attachments

  • photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 216
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 216
I like how you have the rockwork going all the way to the surface of the water. I have a similar rock "tower" in my 220 that goes all the way up the tank (and even breaks the surface). I like how it utilizes the full height of the tank.
 
Looks nice, sorry about the loss but it looks like you're coming back strong.
 
Nice lookin tank and cool aquascape...

-M&T
 
Thanks again everyone. I definitely would recommend if anyone can, get the rock work to come out of your tank. Things love to be out there; my hermits, snails, even my emerald crab stakes his spot out of the water on top at night. :)
 
So I decided to go the LED route since I got a good deal on the Kessil a150w light. It's been about 2 weeks on and I am definitely liking it and so seems everything in the tank as well. :)

IMG_0248.jpg
 
Nice setup! Just upgraded to LED's as well on my biocube 29. I was considering the Kessil A150 but went with an Aqua Illumination Nano.
 
Nice setup! Just upgraded to LED's as well on my biocube 29. I was considering the Kessil A150 but went with an Aqua Illumination Nano.

Cool. How are you liking them? Kessils are doing well so far. I was worried because I was coming from halides.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
What size power head do u have? I have 2 rated at 500gph is that an over kill? When I run it it kicks up a lot of stuff makes the water look dirty.



Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
What size power head do u have? I have 2 rated at 500gph is that an over kill? When I run it it kicks up a lot of stuff makes the water look dirty.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

I have a MP10 but its only ramped up to a little over a quarter. I also have a koralia 425 running intermittently and an MJ1200 return pump pointed at the sps.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new