Sneaky's 225 gallon!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! 4 mp40s. is it crazy that i think it may not be enough flow?!?
CCF3B36A-42F2-4061-AFE5-ACD21C837AB2.jpeg

( My OCD just kicked in and I just noticed how the mp40s are not level and it’s bothering the hell out of me)

Not only are the MP40's not in line, you should also put them in order of colour... from black to whitish.

The tank looks great.

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needs more updates ;) :p Merry chrissy and new years mate! :D
happy holidays! i havent been on r2r nor actually giving much attention to the tank at all for the past month. its been auto pilot. that will change real soon. looks like i have a move in my near future -_-

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll do a little verbal update...

This past year I fell in love with a new hobby. (I know I know I’ve been cheating on my reef tank) I took up hunting a year ago and it has become an obsession. So since October I have been in the woods every weekend and have had less time With the tank. Late November because of this lack of time I had for the tank I had a mini crash from an over dose in acro power. It wiped out 30% of my acros. Early December I upgraded tanks. It was planned this way it’s just the tank got done earlier than expected and with the mini crash it was the last thing I wanted to do.

Fast forward to January. Hunting season is over I just got word that I will be moving in a few months...

What does that mean?

That means I will have to move this monstrosity of a tank TWICE. It’s giving me anxiety just thinking about it. Once I sell my current home I’ll have to set up the tank in a temporary place for 2 months while i renovate the new place. Then I will have to move the tank a second time to it’s finally resting place. I think I may just take @YHSublime view on reefing and upgrade to a 20 gallon ;)

As for the tank 225 upgrade....It has been running flawlessly (knock on wood). All the corals that we’re just barely hanging on are growing back. Coralline is growing all over the tank. It’s just been a pleasure of an upgrade. I’m still waiting for the uglies to hit.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Busy? Moving tanks is the worst. The absolute worst. BTW, did you get anything good hunting?

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Busy? Moving tanks is the worst. The absolute worst. BTW, did you get anything good hunting?
No “big” whitetails but i did get my first buck this year. I actually got two. I’ll keep the pictures PG

But yes I even considered not moving just from the anxiety of having to move this big tank. The 80 gallon was no big deal. Actually it was quite manageable but this one is much larger and just not as easy to fit ANYWHERE
C864A130-63DC-4F46-8320-1C33EF877119.jpeg

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice buck! I am a vegetarian, but I used to bow hunt, LOL. I grew up with dads pulling over to shoot pheasants with the loaded handgun sitting in the glovebox.

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice buck! I am a vegetarian, but I used to bow hunt, LOL. I grew up with dads pulling over to shoot pheasants with the loaded handgun sitting in the glovebox.
That’s big change going from wild game to full on vegetarian. My main goal was to get a deer with my bow this year. I had a opportunities but I couldn’t connect. The buck in the picture I actually shot with my bow in November 4 days before I took this picture but it wasn’t a fatal shot. It’s not easy that’s for sure

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have the 80 gallon?

If so, consider shoving everything back into that, keep the 225 dry for the move, and "start fresh." Another alternative would be a 150 gallon stock tank. I moved a 180 while I refinished floors about 6 years ago, and just kept metal halide shop lights over everything. A lot of locals have stock tanks laying around because of things like moves or emergencies, you might even be able to borrow one.

Or, you know, go nano. I like the ability to do ridiculous things in a smaller space.

Either way, try not to stress it!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll do a little verbal update...

This past year I fell in love with a new hobby. (I know I know I’ve been cheating on my reef tank) I took up hunting a year ago and it has become an obsession. So since October I have been in the woods every weekend and have had less time With the tank. Late November because of this lack of time I had for the tank I had a mini crash from an over dose in acro power. It wiped out 30% of my acros. Early December I upgraded tanks. It was planned this way it’s just the tank got done earlier than expected and with the mini crash it was the last thing I wanted to do.

Fast forward to January. Hunting season is over I just got word that I will be moving in a few months...

What does that mean?

That means I will have to move this monstrosity of a tank TWICE. It’s giving me anxiety just thinking about it. Once I sell my current home I’ll have to set up the tank in a temporary place for 2 months while i renovate the new place. Then I will have to move the tank a second time to it’s finally resting place. I think I may just take @YHSublime view on reefing and upgrade to a 20 gallon ;)

As for the tank 225 upgrade....It has been running flawlessly (knock on wood). All the corals that we’re just barely hanging on are growing back. Coralline is growing all over the tank. It’s just been a pleasure of an upgrade. I’m still waiting for the uglies to hit.
I'm definitely hearing your warnings guys. I'm debating moving my tank this Summer 6 hrs away :rolleyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back