Snooping on Acro crabs

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost all my commensal crabs months back when i dipped everything repeatedly for AEFW. I only have two pairs now, both pairs living in different colonies. I turned the gyre down and dropped mini fish pellets with my fingers on the icefire echi at night to show you one of the crabs munching on a pellet.

I think he was hiding his pellet from his partner in order to scoff the whole thing himself tbh but not having any degree in crab psychology i am only speculating..........

I deduced that this is the male for the same reason, it's what i'd do if i was still married............

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for the crab itself?

https://m.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/435694/trapezia-pocillopora-acropora-crab

Cute as heck. Almost as cute as my Porcelain Anemone Crab
20F2AA9B-6063-4B9D-A622-0E7DAD4DF787.jpeg

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wanted some acro crabs but it seems impossible to get if only buying frags.

It's actually very easy to acquire a pair of acro crabs Bubba and because i like you ( great with SPS ) i will let the cat out of the bag so everyone can grab a pair as easily as i do.

First you make sure your LFS owner has an invitation to go out collecting with Cairns Marine - way offshore, staying out for days on their mothership.

Then you instruct your LFS guy ( Dave ) to find you a pair of crabs while he's out 100 miles offshore, diving over a 5mtr deep reef bommie.

When you get a text saying ' found them but i can't get them out of their acro ' accompanied by a pic such as this.

5.jpg

You reply, ' just bring the whole bloody acro home and i'll work it out Dave '.

You pick the colony up from your LFS a couple of days later and use a dremmel to hack the stupid acro down so you can see the awesome pair of crabs living in it.

8.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like this acro is attempting to heal and hide my crabs again........

9.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back