Snow in Huntsville

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isn't much for some of you but it's the most snow we've have for several years. We went through the whole winter and it finally snowed in March!
snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg
snow3.jpg
snow4.jpg

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we go to our place in Lead Hill Arkansas, snow is a VERY RARE occurence. Last time we were there is went from 78 degrees at noon, to 20 degrees and snow by 6:00 pm. Got over 5 inches of snow, they shut down the whole county practically. It was weird to see the people who went to work that morning in shorts, trying to get into their cars during a blizzard 8 hours later....

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a good bit more snow than that west of Athens. Had to postpone church services till 3:30 in the afternoon, which was...wierd! :squigglemouth:
It was nice to see the snow though, but it was also nice to see most of it gone by afternoon.
Mariner

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, we consider it snow. If we didn't consider it snow we would not live to see snow.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most I've ever seen in my life was 18" north of Memphis back in 84 or 85. Then in Nashville in 03, we got 8" in an hour (shut the city down). Aside from that, only a few inches here and there (and except for the 18" in 84/85, all is melted within a few days of falling). Everyone thinks they are getting snowed in for months, though, based on the response at grocery stores:D. We got a few inches a couple of times Sunday (when it stopped snowing, it all melted, then started snowing again-40 degrees all day). People here have no sense being on the road in the sun, so with wet streets and snow falling (nothing sticking to roads mind you), getting around at a speed of over 10 mph was a challenge... I love the drivers down here.............................

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 3 pm that day there wasn't a cloud in the sky and not a flake of snow to be found. It was as if it never happened.

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got about 5" just north of the AL state line. Our schools were still closed today and our deck still has about 2".

Jack

rarelyseriousb

give a pound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
snow day for 2 days for 5 inches wow that must be ruff lol. but I guess i would probably melt in your guys heat so when Im blasting the air when its high70s out you can laugh at me/

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most I've ever seen in my life was 18" north of Memphis back in 84 or 85. ........
I grew up in Colorado, but the most snow I ever saw fall in one day was in Gadsden, Alabama in March of 1993. 19 INCHES!!!!!!!:waaaht:
Mariner

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back