So I got stomach flu...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scorpius
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
3,665
Reaction score
3,700
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had something like this since I was a kid. Literally went from feeling okay to feeling like a dump truck ran me over in a mere few hours. Was up all night with stuff coming out both ends. This was terrible and I wish this on no one.

Had to call off work first time in over three years. LYSOL EVERYTHING!!!!!! lol
 
Went through that 2 weeks ago, first time I called in sick in over 10 years was so dehydrated I had trouble moving. Terrible feeling. Hope you're feeling better!!
 
Pedialyte is your friend. Make sure you stay hydrated even though you do not feel like it.
 
Yeah, whatever this bug is dehydrates you like no other. I'm able to eat again and slowly adding fluids. Should be able to work tomorrow.
 
Usually I drink coke if I don't any pedia around, which is most of the time lol. Apple juice has worked for me as well. Whatever works for whoever, I'd rather something that would get rid of it not just make you feel sorta better lol
 
Flu season is characterized as respiratory, with temp, muscle ache.
The Norovirus is gastro-intestional

Two completely different ailments.

If you have gastro-intestional symptoms you've consumed bad food, have the norovirus or some underlying medical condition.

What influenza and norovirus have in common is that people are indoors during the cold winter months and holidays, schools have been in session. Perfect conditions for those virus to replicate and spread. WASH YOUR HANDS. Call in sick, stay home and recup!!!!!!!

What the heck right! Well it's a silly pet peeve, like clowns hosting anemones, as a retired RN I just am compelled.

@Scorpius wishing you a fast recovery and STAY HOME!!!! ;Nailbiting :rolleyes: Consume fluids and follow up with your provider if you do not feel better in next day or two.
 
I'm home on day 4 with my 4 year old being sick. Thankfully not norovirus, but we thought it was going to be that. Hands down, stomach stuff is by far the worst.

Hope you feel better!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new