So many coral supplements - which should I use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BilboB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BilboB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2024
Messages
258
Reaction score
90
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that people use Brightwell CoralAmino... when I checked Brightwell's site, I found they have a ton of other supplements to help corals, like Intertia NRG+, various Vitamarins, etc. My reef tank is only a few months old and my corals are small - how do I choose which products to use? I am impatient and do want my corals to be healthy, and my water parameters are good (except for too much phosphate).
 
I'll start with impatience in this hobby usually doesnt work so well.

Maintaining steady ALK is, IMO, the most important thing to do. Past that, follow a good water change regimen and if you have sand, vacuum it every couple weeks.
 
You don’t need anything. Your tank is new, corals are small. Just do regular WC and test your water. Make sure alk is stable. Get a dosing pump when you get to the point where you need to dose to keep it stable.
 
You need no supplements at this time. New tank and corals are small Why do you think your corals are not healthy?
 
You are fine with just water changes rn!
 
You are being tricked by corporate advertising. If you want your corals to grow, give them give light and flow and maintain a clean tank with stable parameters .

Or if you want, but one and try it, they are all the same so it doesn't matter which you try. I've tried them all one by one, I have concluded they do nothing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new