So what's next?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dealing with diatom for months and green turf algae and now they are fading away and my CUC maw on those green quite good and keep them short. Now, I'm seeing coralline algae start showing up more and more on my tank wall which is good in my term of tank better maturing BUT I'm seeing cyano showing up last few days too! :mad: Does it a part of algae cycle? LOL I can siphon them out during water change but it's just annoying! and I wonder what's next after cyano?.....
*Yes, I have enough flow and I recently added 2x more Hydor Powerhead so I have more than enough unless I want to blow thing around with more flow LOL

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Part of the process.

Well, next you try out some lime green cyano. It's pretty. I can send you some. ;)

Are you alk and cal dosing the tank yet?

A couple things you can try. Kalk in the ato for the ph. Dr tims one and only or refresh.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha.
I ask becuse some of the alk supplements will boost the ph a bit. Cyano likes co2. And the food you put in too.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my aggressive water change habit (pretty much every other day) 12.5% up to 25% Diatom seem banished in my system, last 3 days I don't see it form on my glass anymore, I'm not sure if it will make a come back later date but for now seem like my system is near zero phophaste (I'm guessing here since I didn't do any tests yet and yes...I'm stubborn persistent person), Cyano seem back down a lot cause I see it appear very little every other day right on my water change schedule LOL. I think I knew what cause my outbreak...Again, I'm just assuming and not blaming the product. I think It's PhytoGreen-M I'm dosing that food for my scallops, small clams and soft corals, after I stopped using for a week and algae fading away.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, confirmed that diatoms and brown/green hair algae are all gone from my system, also cyano seem on its way out too, didn't see it spread last couple days and start disappear from my system. I didn't do or does anything LOL so I'm quite surprise its back off so fast, might be it couldn't compete nutrition with my clams army? Water so dang crystal clear and fish look like swimming in a thin air.....
Note:
Only thing that change in my system is my light color spectrum and intensity, I ranked both up to 60%

Back