so whats the skinny on Grand Theft Auto 4?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i *just* realized this was coming out soon. i heard something about one coming out, but i figured it was just GTA3 coming out for xbox 360 or something like that.

so the new one is going to take place in Liberty City again? thats cool.....i really liked the mafia plot of GTA3.

I really liked GTA3 Liberty City, obviously it got even better with Vice City which was probably my favorite. I didn't like San Andreas at all.....it was too much gangta/thug like (prob never even got half way through the game). Although it did have lots of neat features. But the map was ridiculously big. Driving on the highway took forever sometimes out in the country.

Also, is this only coming out for PS3 right now? any clue when the xbox 360 release will be?

Last edited:
OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vice city was diffinitely my favorite.

GTA4 will be available for both the xbox360 and ps3 on April 29.

so what do you think about the storyline and features? i honestly haven't heard anything. i *just* saw the trailer like 5min ago...lol.

yeah, Vice City rocked. I loved the 80's retro theme. I still play some of the sound tracks. And I have mp3 files of several of the full length radio station jams...lol.

Chong

The Chronic Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Release date 4/29/08 I am going to go reserve myself a copy tomorrow. I need a new game to play, got tired of COD4 already.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, Ive been waiting for this game for months now. Yeah, this one is in Liberty City and seems like its more Mafia than Gangsta. Since PS3 hasnt done so well there gonna release it on PS3 and Xbox 360.

This new one looks good, I just hope it lives up to the hype.

Last edited:
OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, Ive been waiting for this game for months now. Yeah, this one is back in Liberty City and seems like its more Mafia than Gangsta. Since PS3 hasnt done so well there gonna release it on PS3 and Xbox 360.

This new one looks good, I just hope it lives up to the hype.

please give more details! :)

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I heard the best is gonna be the online multiplayer. The levels are gonna be rediculously huge.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theyve also been saying that what you do when you drive around actually matters now. So it sounds like if you go around and steal tons of cars and kill all kinds of people there will be consequences

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theyve also been saying that what you do when you drive around actually matters now. So it sounds like if you go around and steal tons of cars and kill all kinds of people there will be consequences

lol so that means i have to actually sit in traffic instead of driving over people on the sidewalk? :hammer:

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read around on gaming forums it is being rumored that this one will be the best of the series. It is supposed to take around 100 actual game hours to fully complete the game or something ridiculous like that. Its been in the making for a very long time, they have pushed back the release date several times to what some think is up the anticipation. I think there have probably been a lot of bugs to work out in regards to Xbox Live and the PS3 online gaming engines.

Last edited:

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one designers thoughts:

The fundamental other change, it's difficult to talk about this because people get very confused about what we're saying and to think it's multi-branching... There are plenty of sections of the story when you manipulate outcomes and have choice over the outcome as the player, some of which fundamentally change the story, but it's not like there's 10,000 different options because, again, that wouldn't make sense for the character, where he is in the world because he's fundamentally being pushed around by more powerful people. But you have plenty of good points where it makes sense logically, in terms of the choice you're given and narratively, you get to make choices and that's kind of a fun twist on a GTA game."
- Dan Houser​

Last edited:

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every building has a real address, police chases are radius based, new ways to jack cars, new firing and cover systems, etc.... It's going to be amazing. I honestly preordered it last summer at my local Gamestop and fully plan to take the day off work on release day ;)

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so who has been skipping work and playing GTA4 all day/night? ;)

i've been out of town for a couple days, so hopefully i'll get around to picking up a copy before this weekend.

kharn101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Umm...its freaking awsome.....10/10 it got that for a reason....fun and addictive.....buy this game...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back