SoCali LFS

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of any good sites with reviews of LFS near the Los Angeles area? Would love to read what others have experienced with stores in the area.

yellojello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've visited down there several times... not really LA area, but more in the OC area.

Coral Oasis - Pretty nice shop, they just relocated to a new place, so I think they are still settling in.
Age of Aquariums - This is my favorite shop so far, very clean with good fish and coral selection
Eye Candy Aquarium - I been here once, forgot how it was, think it was decent
Seaside Tropical Fish - Ok shop, decent size
OC Aquatic Tropical Fish - This place has a huge selection of fish, and pretty good selection of corals, this place is crowded a lot
Aquatic Heaven - This place is new, I called them, said they were open, I drove there, and sign on the door said, back in hour, out to lunch... oh well

Age of Aquariums is the closest to LA, and the one I like the most.

hbboarder87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just look up tropical fish on Google and go. Make reviews for yourself. I found that not going to a store for reviews is a bad idea. I say this because there are people who hate on lfs. They give them bad reviews and totally kill them. I've seen fish stores with TERRIBLE reviews but their shop ended up being really nice. My advice is just go find out for yourself. Make your own reviews.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back