Soda ash liquid supplement for alk

N11morales

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
815
Reaction score
234
Location
Angleton
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I recently wanted to try dosing soda ash to supplement alkalinity.

I made my soda ash by baking baking soda

I was wanting to use this on a dosing unit.

Tank is 280G
Alk 8.0
Usually keep my alk at 8.5.
I know it’s going to raise my ph also. My ph is low so I’m fine with the added bonus.
How much liquid would I need to dose to get Alk up by .5 dkh


Do I mix 1/2 cup or 1 cup of soda ash for 1 gallon container?
 
If that's what the calculator states, I would go slow and space it out to get a baseline and start understanding your Alk demand over a week. Dumping 200mL of Alk all at once may shock your tank.

Here is a hypothetical that is on the BRS website:

Example for 100-gallon aquarium:

Alkalinity Level Day 1 @ 8pm - 9.0 dKH (desired level)
Alkalinity Level Day 5 @ 8pm - 7.5 dKH (current level)
5-Day Alkalinity Requirement - 107.1 mL (provided by BRS Reef Calculator)
Daily Alkalinity Requirement - 21.42 mL (107.1 mL / 5 days)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new