Sodium nitrate mix with sodium phosphate (7H2o)

fmerino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I mix sodium nitrate and sodium phosphate (7H2o) to dose togheter?

For now I’m dosing separetely but I would like to have only one solution for the two.

Thanks for any help. :)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can mix those, but if diluted, can allow algae growth in it.
Is there a level of saturation whereas the excess sodium nitrate or Trisodium phosphate will fall out of suspension or solution (i am assuming solution...but I dont claim to know). I have a mixture of 4 tablespoons of sodium nitrate and a teaspoon of trisodium phosphate in 1,500 ML of RODI and there is a white powder on the bottom of the container after things settle down. When I try to shake it up, I see a small cloudy dispersal and what looks like small 'threads' floating throughout. I didnt have this issue with Potassium Nitrate at the same concentration levels.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a level of saturation whereas the excess sodium nitrate or Trisodium phosphate will fall out of suspension or solution (i am assuming solution...but I dont claim to know). I have a mixture of 4 tablespoons of sodium nitrate and a teaspoon of trisodium phosphate in 1,500 ML of RODI and there is a white powder on the bottom of the container after things settle down. When I try to shake it up, I see a small cloudy dispersal and what looks like small 'threads' floating throughout. I didnt have this issue with Potassium Nitrate at the same concentration levels.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, but the concentration will need to be quite high for that to happen.

The lower one is the trisodium phosphate, at 145 g/L

Sodium nitrate is nearly unlimited (900 g/L of water).

Back