Soft coral nutrition

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
1,647
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone recommend a soft coral supplement. I've heard things about Red Sea Reef Energy and I've seen products by polyp lab. Any experiences or suggestions?
 
What are you looking to supplement for? I've put some plankton in the top of my tank not through a peppet for little to no response
 
What are you looking to supplement for? I've put some plankton in the top of my tank not through a peppet for little to no response


I've been hearing amino acids and carbohydrates can help in coral growth and polyp extension. I feed phyto for my copepods and I do iodine, but was wondering if the amino acid supplements were worth it and what kind would be best. Or if another kind all together would be better.
 
I've been hearing amino acids and carbohydrates can help in coral growth and polyp extension. I feed phyto for my copepods and I do iodine, but was wondering if the amino acid supplements were worth it and what kind would be best. Or if another kind all together would be better.
Amino acids IMO only help if your running a ulns system or running somthing that removes most nutrients like biopelets
Never heard of carb dosing
IMO as long as your parameters are in check and your corals are getting enough light you should be good
 
Brightwell coral amino, brs has a cool video about it on YouTube and I hear good things about it. Gonna start supplementing it in my nano shroom dominated tank once it gets going
 
I'm also in the boat that unless your nutrients are bottoming out theres not much benefit. Feed your fish high quality food and they will in turn make high quality coral food.
 
Can anyone recommend a soft coral supplement. I've heard things about Red Sea Reef Energy and I've seen products by polyp lab. Any experiences or suggestions?
Softies like stereonephthya(see pic), I've been told from people raising them for close to ten years mention strong flow, keep eye on iodine, especially strontium.

Screenshot_2019-08-25-19-42-28.png
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new