• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soft corals - Toadstools

My suggestion would be to see what several popular vendors price their similar frags are and go down from there.
Since people here buy at those vendors prices and have accepted them, any discount on your part would in the idea of giving them a break.
Then you have to take into account your time and effort.
Plus, are you shipping?
If you are you have to post a shipping price, or at least shipping guidelines.
Say, shipping in state might be $25+
Shipping out of state would be actual cost. Then get the zip code and the generate a shipping price.
These are just general statements.
Maybe look in the live stock for sale forum and see what others are selling and for how much.
That should give you an idea what non vendors are selling stuff for.
 
I definitely get the no shipping sentiment, but you’d likely do well shipping some of these out. Especially the weeping willows.
These are big. Heavy enough without the water they will need to survive. A dinner to serving plate size weeping willow weighs probably 10-15#, very dense. The bag, the box would have to be heavy duty along with probably 5-10 gallons water. That’s 50-100#.
Totally impractical to ship.
Sad but these may end up some day being discarded.
Pricing, well I can’t find anything even close to comparatives.
Fragging prices would make these guys cost as a whole well outside what most hobbyists would pay. We’d be talking $2000-$5000.

Need someone nearby setting up a large system. And they would be beautiful centerpieces of a fantastic reef tank(s).

Perhaps I will go to my local aquarium and sell or donate them for a display.
 
I'm sure everyone would love a good deal! :)
I'd like a good size piece of each if you'd be willing to ship.
If I cut even one or a few of these down to very large frags, it would take a week or two for the frags to fully heal. With even the number of tanks I have, there is no place to put frags.

This is all very complicated.
 
If I cut even one or a few of these down to very large frags, it would take a week or two for the frags to fully heal. With even the number of tanks I have, there is no place to put frags.

This is all very complicated.
I completely understand. I hope these beauties find a good home locally.
 
These are big. Heavy enough without the water they will need to survive. A dinner to serving plate size weeping willow weighs probably 10-15#, very dense. The bag, the box would have to be heavy duty along with probably 5-10 gallons water. That’s 50-100#.
Totally impractical to ship.
Sad but these may end up some day being discarded.
Pricing, well I can’t find anything even close to comparatives.
Fragging prices would make these guys cost as a whole well outside what most hobbyists would pay. We’d be talking $2000-$5000.

Need someone nearby setting up a large system. And they would be beautiful centerpieces of a fantastic reef tank(s).

Perhaps I will go to my local aquarium and sell or donate them for a display.
You could try local groups on Facebook.
In my area on Facebook there is are a couple large groups, that buy/sell/trade.
Local reef clubs?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new