Softies.. NOT HAPPY

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hallowhead
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2019
Messages
3,269
Reaction score
1,556
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been battling some low phosphate & nitrates for quite some time and I have watched both my duncan & hammer shrivel up! I need some assistance.

I initially started with bi weekly water changes & recycling of tank water through a filter sock in attempts at beating dino's.. that didn't work.

I than tried a different approach thru no water changes for 2 months while watching alk / ca & mg. That didn't work

Lastly I tried dinox for roughly 3 weeks straight which worked... I think? I am going to need another dose soon to kill stragglers.

Through this my zoanthids have had ups and downs but mostly okay... there was a week in there when the zoanthids were NOT okay but they're doing great again.

My question is? Why is my hammer & duncan so closed...?

Parameters are all stable (as I know no one will believe "stable" here they are:

Alk: 8.5
Ca: 450
Mg: 1350
Nitrate: 0 to 5
Phosphate: 0
Ammonia: 0
Salinity: 1.025
Temp 78.2

IMG_20200908_145853.jpg IMG_20200908_145843.jpg IMG_20200908_145832.jpg
 
Have you tried looking at them at night or early morning before the lights come on?

I have a colony of duncans and a colony of candy canes that both stay closed up most of the time during the day, but are wide open, polyps out at night.
 
Have you tried looking at them at night or early morning before the lights come on?

I have a colony of duncans and a colony of candy canes that both stay closed up most of the time during the day, but are wide open, polyps out at night.
Interesting take - I have looked at them early morning before work 6am and they're still closed
 
No dice by the way !

I've been dosing significant amounts of po4 now let's see if that helps
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new