Softies that look nice in whiter lighting?

regarding Fiji's, yeah....he was right. In true 6500K light, they are really yellow.....
Yeah, when I first got the Fiji yellow leather 3 years ago, I was surprised at how brown it was under my ( approx.) 14k to 16k mix of blue to white leds the leather looked.
Dialing back the blue leds until it looked like the yellow leather I remember from the 80's-90's, made the overall look of the tank not exactly what I've grown used to.
 
Leathers, they are gorgeous in more white light. The fiji yellow will be stunning. This is based on my former softy tank.
 
Yeah, when I first got the Fiji yellow leather 3 years ago, I was surprised at how brown it was under my ( approx.) 14k to 16k mix of blue to white leds the leather looked.
Dialing back the blue leds until it looked like the yellow leather I remember from the 80's-90's, made the overall look of the tank not exactly what I've grown used to.
yup....I remember changing from 10K MH to 6500K Mh.....no pun, but day and night difference on my dinner plate size Fiji.......
 
I also run my tank with whiter light although I use all the colors to some extent. I have a Reef Breeder Photon. I have sinularia, palys, gorgs, nems, sponges and macroalgae.
IMG_20231204_144218337.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new