• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SOLD - Blue Spotted Puffer (Canthigaster solandri) for sale - QT'd - need to rehome - accepting all offers

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
He's been through a full QT protocol of copper power and prazipro. I decided I won't be doing a fowler tank, so he is currently without a place to live. He's in my observation tank with 2 other QT'd fish that are about to move to my DT. I'd like to see him go to a good home.

The Blue Spotted Puffer may also be called the Blue Dot Toby or Blue Dot Sharp-nosed Puffer. Members of the Canthigaster genus are called Sharp-nosed Puffers or Tobies. The Blue Spotted Puffer Canthigaster solandri and the Papuan Toby Puffer Canthigaster papua have very similar characteristics. The lack of orange coloration around the mouth of the Blue Spotted Puffer Canthigaster solandri distinguishes these two puffers. The Blue Spotted Puffer lacks pelvic fins, but has learned to use the pectoral fins to move about the aquarium.
A 50 gallon or larger, fish-only aquarium is suitable. Its teeth are actually a fused beak-like structure.

It may eat invertebrates found in a reef tank. It becomes alarmed when in a net, therefore, use a container to transfer it.

The diet of the Blue Spotted Puffer needs a varied diet of meaty foods including; squid, krill, clams, and hard shelled shrimp to help wear down their ever growing teeth.

Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 1-1/2" to 2" Medium: 2" to 3" Large: 3" to 4"

IMG_8351.jpeg IMG_8352.jpeg IMG_8353.jpeg IMG_8354.jpeg IMG_8355.jpeg IMG_8356.jpeg IMG_8357.jpeg IMG_8358.jpeg

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping your thread.

These guys *can* be kept with corals depending on what you're hoping to keep. Mine does great with pretty much everything except zoas (he likes to tear those to shreds for whatever reason lol). He might be worth the risk if you're willing to try it out!

OP
OP
A

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Bumping your thread.

These guys *can* be kept with corals depending on what you're hoping to keep. Mine does great with pretty much everything except zoas (he likes to tear those to shreds for whatever reason lol). He might be worth the risk if you're willing to try it out!
He really is a beautiful fish but yeah, got a taste for the zoas for sure.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back