Some corals I've collected

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love you to bro. If I find more? I promise I'll send it. My wife claimed all the rock we have heirloom for my boys.

Sounds about like my wife. The branch scapes are by far her favorite and she knows what I've gone through getting the amount I've got.... including packing my carry on luggage with it when I found some during our last family vacation....ahhhhhh the good ol days lol. I even had to ship some of my clothes back to make room in the carry on. I didn't want to risk shipping the rock :)

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about like my wife. The branch scapes are by far her favorite and she knows what I've gone through getting the amount I've got.... including packing my carry on luggage with it when I found some during our last family vacation....ahhhhhh the good ol days lol. I even had to ship some of my clothes back to make room in the carry on. I didn't want to risk shipping the rock :)
That's rad! The things we do for our tanks. Lol

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much for your advice, I’ll let you know how it goes once it’s online.
I’ve also been hoarding Tonga when I see it for a future build, some day it’ll all be put to use. Hahaha

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other hobby that pays for the corals.
Besides my family and clients this site is how I am talking to people. Not scared of the virus. Just the awkwardness of everything just has us staying home. And I dont do any social media besides this.

Little bathroom I'm doing. Making the best of a hack job one of the previous homeowners left behind.

20201002_155452.jpg
20201002_155440.jpg
20201002_155351.jpg
20201002_155435.jpg
20201002_155340.jpg

20201002_214709.jpg 20201002_214541.jpg

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, just getting bored. This is one of the bathrooms I just finished in a full bachelor pad remodel. 5/8" shell circles 16" thick on shower pan and niche. For some reason I love using shell on my jobs.

20200326_150556.jpg
20200326_150642.jpg
20200326_135203.jpg
20200331_174648.jpg
20200324_163719.jpg

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing looks good. I have been doing this for last 32 years.

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing looks good. I have been doing this for last 32 years.
Thank you! I work alone. Accept for electricians and texture/paint. I cant find anyone to make my cuts tight enough. I tried hiring plumbers. For some reason they cant get anything straight and plumb. Hard world to be in as a perfectionist. I went through 60-70 guys and gave up. Some were close. But anything besides near exact drives me up the wall. Plumbing is kinda piecful to me. But I like copper and I like it straight.

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biulding homes is all I wanted to do since I was a wee little lad. School was hard. Teachers didnt understand that I wouldn't do the repetitive stupid school work everyone else did. Cause I didnt need it to build homes. Technically living the dream. Hurts a little, still love it. Love to work hard!!

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not realize it is hard to find a good plumber in North Cal.
We have to work hard to support our hobby

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone here is untrained and thrown into the field. Everyone works for a check here. I work to be the best. I started as a tile contractor. I made a ton of money having crews and doing big mansions for contractor. A few contractors I worked for 15 years. Hated the quality and mentality. Dream contractors if you're looking for money. I was a line item on homes that started with at 10mil bugdet and ended at 20-30mil. I never gave bids. Just charged what I thought was fair at the end of the job. It kinda ruined me. I still don't bid. I love my clients I get now!! All hourly T+M. And they just give me my space and let me take my time to give them the Ferrari they're paying for. I treat every home as if it is the Good Lord's. And never take advantage. Hard to find anyone to turn from the money so they can do an exceptional job. Cost of living is so high here, hard to pay an employee to care. I tried paying guys 100 an hour they still stressed on there Bill's and it showed in the work. Although I dont make as much I get to hand pick my clients. That's priceless. Needless to say people do an overall good job until you stare at the corners and fine lines. There's a lot of cheep people up here. They chase the price so guys give a good price and race the job and everyone is happy. I cant! I tried a few times. Not in me. I love what I do.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an excellent work ethic.
Maybe sometime we can do a job together Garry. You be the plumber.
Glad to be of service
Today more and more contractors are looking for a quick buck and doing a lousy job.
Well, since it is reef forum, lets talk corals. Hope corals I am interested in are grow well and I can get a frags this year.

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an excellent work ethic.

Glad to be of service
Today more and more contractors are looking for a quick buck and doing a lousy job.
Well, since it is reef forum, lets talk corals. Hope corals I am interested in are grow well and I can get a frags this year.
I was going to say. I could use some matt v rainbow

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can cut you a nice frag. Text me tomorrow and we will talk

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's absolutely beautiful work dan. To bad you're not out in my neck of the woods. The wife and I are looking to remodel dang near our entire house. Hard to find anyone this way up to my standards. If I notice something is even slightly crooked or out of line, my eyes will go to it every time and drives me absolutely crazy lol

OP
OP
D

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's absolutely beautiful work dan. To bad you're not out in my neck of the woods. The wife and I are looking to remodel dang near our entire house. Hard to find anyone this way up to my standards. If I notice something is even slightly crooked or out of line, my eyes will go to it every time and drives me absolutely crazy lol
I'd totally go if this tank didnt have me tied down.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back