Some kind of polyp? Aiptasia? Help identifying hitchhiker

seanemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Found this little bugger next to a rock I have button polyps on, not sure what it is really but would appreciate any input
Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 4.16.55 PM.png

OP
OP
seanemone

seanemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up taking the rock out, definitely aiptasia, it cowered when i tried to pick at it.

Thanks for the ID!

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up taking the rock out, definitely aiptasia, it cowered when i tried to pick at it.

Thanks for the ID!
Don't try to pick at it. When aiptasia gets stressed, they release babies. Instead, use berghia nudibranchs or f-aiptasia.

Daveobrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having gone through multiple aptasia experiences, I stand behind F-Aptasia as the most successful chemical method I've used. The caveat, the aptasia needs to be accessible, because this stuff just coats over the top and gets hard. Think of it as smothers the aptasia. If so, this is my most successful method.

1648852429991.png

OP
OP
seanemone

seanemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't try to pick at it. When aiptasia gets stressed, they release babies. Instead, use berghia nudibranchs or f-aiptasia.
Thanks for the recommendations all, definitely going with F-aiptasia the next time I see it. I had already pulled it out of the water and moved the coral tossing away the original rock before I picked at it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back