some new pick ups....

  • Thread starter Thread starter surfn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
5,030
Reaction score
54
Location
Charlottesville, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw a very interesting stag colony at the LFS this past weekend.......I didn't want to bite on the entire colony, so they cut me a frag off of it.

i've never really seen a stag w/ blue polyps before, the coral looked a bit bleached and lacks much color, but looks like it will turn into a teal color possibly. (looks a bit ticked off in the pic b/c i glued it a couple hours before hand)

IMG_2131.jpg





These next 3 pickups came from LiveAquaria. I normally don't get corals from them b/c they are so expensive, but last Friday they had a huge mark down on their maricultured stuff, and put up some knock out species that I've been looking for.

Samoensis.....just have to wait to see how this will do. in all honesty....I don't even think they gave me the right colony.....as the structure in the pic just doesn't match up with what I got.....oh well.


samoensis.jpg


IMG_2123.jpg


IMG_2126.jpg
 
Maricultured Loripes #1. I'm very impressed with these. Accurate color is very hard to pick up in the pictures b/c the tips GLOW. The tips are mostly blue which fades into a purple.

loripes2.jpg


IMG_2124.jpg


IMG_2127.jpg
 
looking good; i suggest you lay the second one horizontally, which looks to me to be how it was growing in nature before being chopped up and stuck onto the bottle cap stones.

i'm pretty sure yours and mine came off the same wild colony; ive got mine turned on its side and i think all the purple tips will soon be blue.

P1016484.jpg
 
how far up do you have yours?

i've got both of mine up near the very top. but i really like how they look like they will have completely different growth forms.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new