Someone ate my leather coral

Reef Breeder 2013

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Messages
265
Reaction score
99
Location
Guadalajara
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I kinda recently (around 2 months ago) moved my 20 gallon to a 50 gallon cause I wanted more fish. Unfortunately, I lost many corals when I moved them, so I'm trying to restock the tank. One coral I bought recently was this little leather coral (around 1.5" long), that was doing great everyday.
I came to see my tank this morning and I saw my coral damaged, even though I haven't added any fish in the last week.
My current fish stock is:
1 clown
1 bicolor blenny
3 sailfin mollies
1 coral banded shrimp
Around 4 hermit crabs and some snails
f8e6cc17-53ec-4ae7-b1e3-b6787240fa80.jpg

Here is a picture of the coral
 
My prime suspect would be the coral banded shrimp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new