Someone Please Make My Decision For Me

  • Thread starter Thread starter ACW33
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ACW33

The Farmer’s Daughter
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
98
Reaction score
94
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously. My brain keeps researching and I’m not getting any closer to making a decision for my overflow.

I want to utilize Bean Animal plumbing with all the fail safes. Tank will be 65G 36x18x24.

Thinking 1” drain with 3/4” returns (2).

Go.

(Please and thank you!)
 
Give more details of desired setup. How many holes are drilled in tank? Are you opposed to the return lines going over the back of tank and using all holes for the drains/ emergency drain?
 
I have a slightly smaller tank (900x600x350mm [roughly 36x24x14"]) that has a beananimal style overflow. I have 3x 32mm (1 1/4") drains and a single 20mm (3/4") return.
 
3/4" return and 1" overflow are plenty big for your setup. I have a 300 Gallon with an Iwaki MD-70 return pump, which gets me about 1000 GPH. I run a bean animal overflow with 1" lines and I still needed to dial back my valves.
 
Seriously. My brain keeps researching and I’m not getting any closer to making a decision for my overflow.

I want to utilize Bean Animal plumbing with all the fail safes. Tank will be 65G 36x18x24.

Thinking 1” drain with 3/4” returns (2).

Go.

(Please and thank you!)
That would work. I run a herbie on my 75, 1 less hole, if that is a consideration.
 
Give more details of desired setup. How many holes are drilled in tank? Are you opposed to the return lines going over the back of tank and using all holes for the drains/ emergency drain?
Not opposed to it. I will be drilling the tank so I was planning to drill the two holes for the return line. I figured two holes for the main drain and emergency drain. Is that not the best option?
 
I have a slightly smaller tank (900x600x350mm [roughly 36x24x14"]) that has a beananimal style overflow. I have 3x 32mm (1 1/4") drains and a single 20mm (3/4") return.
What box are you using for the overflow?
 
3/4" return and 1" overflow are plenty big for your setup. I have a 300 Gallon with an Iwaki MD-70 return pump, which gets me about 1000 GPH. I run a bean animal overflow with 1" lines and I still needed to dial back my valves.
Thank you. That is helpful. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new