Something growing in my Duncan

megafauna1992

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Pen Argyl
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what those hairs are? It’s kind of purple at the tips. My Duncan has been closed for over a month its not happy I guess.

E4FAEF4C-05E6-4FB1-8708-BC9E035B2718.jpeg
 
What do I do to remove it?
That is a difficult question to answer. There are different types and different treatments. They can be difficult to eradicate. Some produce toxins which are bad for tank inhabitants. I think it’s generally agreed that a significant bump up in tank nutrients helps promote algae and other organisms to outcompete the dinos.

I would go to the nuisance algae forum and read/post the pinned Dino thread.
 
I don't think your duncan has much of a chance unfortunately. You can try a 50/50 3% hydrogen peroxide dip for 60 seconds to see if the dinos/algae go away. Sometimes corals can seemingly come back from the dead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new