Something's attacking my softies!

Mike Elmore

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1942.JPG
I lost a big beautiful Hammer last week and now my Duncan and Torch are showing the same symptoms. It's like a brown slime on the polyps (see pics). Does anyone know what it is or how treat it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
IMG_1945.JPG
 
Brown jelly disease, you need to get that coral out of your display and into QT as quick as possible.
 
It honestly may be too late at this point but you can try dipping with something like Coral ReVive by two little fishies, Brightwell Koral MD, or ME Coral Wash Off. They will help clean the coral off and begin the healing process for any damaged tissue. You can also try fragging the clean sections of the duncan but keep them in QT until they show no signs of brown jelly for several weeks.
 
Thanks! I dipped them and fragged the Duncan. All are in isolation. Reading up on brown jelly disease and not liking what I'm seeing. Wow, this hit quick and really took a toll on my softies. LPS and SPS seem fine for now. Hope this ends it!
 
Thanks! I dipped them and fragged the Duncan. All are in isolation. Reading up on brown jelly disease and not liking what I'm seeing. Wow, this hit quick and really took a toll on my softies. LPS and SPS seem fine for now. Hope this ends it!
Good luck! It can be some nasty stuff to deal with!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new