Somethings Cooking in my tank

gastel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone able to help with an unknown inhabitant.
I have had my tank cycling for about 10 days now and on one of the live rocks I got from my LFS there is a small hole about 4mm in width and 2mm in height.
Not so strange you may say, however on several occasions now I have been watching my tank and from the corner of my eye I have seen a jet of milky liquid, almost like smoke shoot out of the hole.
I thought it was empty but no there is definitely a ? in there. Something must be cooking.
Any ideas ???

Cheers
Gastel

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone able to help with an unknown inhabitant.
I have had my tank cycling for about 10 days now and on one of the live rocks I got from my LFS there is a small hole about 4mm in width and 2mm in height.
Not so strange you may say, however on several occasions now I have been watching my tank and from the corner of my eye I have seen a jet of milky liquid, almost like smoke shoot out of the hole.
I thought it was empty but no there is definitely a ? in there. Something must be cooking.
Any ideas ???

Cheers
Gastel

Well it sounds like something is burrowing in there like a crab, worm or shrimp and what you are seeing is ground calcium carbonate or feces.

OP
OP
G

gastel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shred5,
You may be on the money with the burrowing theory. I have watched this thing a fair bit now and the white cludoud shoots out pretty regularly so it isn,t something spawning.
Curiouser and curiouser.

Cheers

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back