Somethings Cooking in my tank

gastel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone able to help with an unknown inhabitant.
I have had my tank cycling for about 10 days now and on one of the live rocks I got from my LFS there is a small hole about 4mm in width and 2mm in height.
Not so strange you may say, however on several occasions now I have been watching my tank and from the corner of my eye I have seen a jet of milky liquid, almost like smoke shoot out of the hole.
I thought it was empty but no there is definitely a ? in there. Something must be cooking.
Any ideas ???

Cheers
Gastel

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone able to help with an unknown inhabitant.
I have had my tank cycling for about 10 days now and on one of the live rocks I got from my LFS there is a small hole about 4mm in width and 2mm in height.
Not so strange you may say, however on several occasions now I have been watching my tank and from the corner of my eye I have seen a jet of milky liquid, almost like smoke shoot out of the hole.
I thought it was empty but no there is definitely a ? in there. Something must be cooking.
Any ideas ???

Cheers
Gastel

Well it sounds like something is burrowing in there like a crab, worm or shrimp and what you are seeing is ground calcium carbonate or feces.

OP
OP
G

gastel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shred5,
You may be on the money with the burrowing theory. I have watched this thing a fair bit now and the white cludoud shoots out pretty regularly so it isn,t something spawning.
Curiouser and curiouser.

Cheers

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Back