sometimes your tank sucking is a blessing in disguise

nebraska dreamin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a 75g a few months back on a budget and decided it sucked...really bad.:frusty:
so I upgraded! here's what im running now:
LIGHTING: 6 bulb 36 inch t5 ati sunpower dimmable fixture w/ 2 purple plus on channel one, 3 actinic and 1 blue+ on channel 2. pics are taken w channel one at 5% and channel 2 at 20% with a cell phone and no tripod so i'm sure ill do a repost w some better pics (pics dont do it justice)
FLOW:for the return I parallel plumbed a rio+ 2100 and 2500 (more flow than a mag7 and the extra pump was just laying around) for flow in the tank i'm running an mp40 dialed back
FILTRATION/SUBSTRATE: sump: trigger systems emerald 34, skimmer: reef octopus 1000lss, right now im running a fuge w rock, sand and macros, media: just running chemi pure blue for now, 45 lbs of cured live rock, 100lbs of live sand (80 in dt and 20 in the fuge)
DOSING: not there yet thinking ill do 2 part...anyone recommend a good economic dosing pump?

I have some gems on the way from yourreef.com. they had an october sale and had no problems holding on to my goodies until the tank was ready. Thanks John Dakan! I will show updates as it evolves.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! So true!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back