Son wanted a fish I got a hobby

Welcome. Mine is "for the kids" too ;)
black ish appearance GIF
is that Gif of one of your kids? she sure looks happy
 
My son All he wanted was a fish and he got a new hobbyist dad ready to do whatever it takes to make sure that tank looks colorful and full of life!!

661C8041-BE25-413E-8974-5C5AAA188AD7.jpeg
clever man. just keep telling everyone that, and dont blink
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world to you and your son. Great to grow into a hobby together. Love your aquascape. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
My son All he wanted was a fish and he got a new hobbyist dad ready to do whatever it takes to make sure that tank looks colorful and full of life!!

661C8041-BE25-413E-8974-5C5AAA188AD7.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. This is such a great family hobby and glad you came in with him.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
My son All he wanted was a fish and he got a new hobbyist dad ready to do whatever it takes to make sure that tank looks colorful and full of life!!

661C8041-BE25-413E-8974-5C5AAA188AD7.jpeg
That's exactly how I got into the hobby! Son wanted a fish and so I got an aquarium. Now the proud owner of a 45G fresh water and 45G salt water!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new