Soooo my chalice totally changed its genetics somehow

Jonathan blackwood

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
503
Reaction score
221
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eeeb31860ed3ff8beb1c840ce205adcf.jpg

First pic was the after morph of my "mummy eye" chalice. I've had it for multiple months now, close to a year, and it has totally changed into something different? ? How or is this a good thing lol?? And the pic below is the original type of chalice that I bought
341e7b783817d04f0c8d884a934eaba3.jpg

How has it changed so drastically? ?
 
I had a mummy eye that went from pright green, to a redish color and is not a yellow/green color. I think its more about lighting and the make up of the tank environment...but that is all just guessing. Either way its pretty cool!
 
I have one almost identical to yours, and it is morphing too. Strongly suspect it's my lights. I have LED, and shop I bought it from uses MH.
 
It certainly has not changed its genetics. Corals cannot change their genotype, but many people have seen many change phenotype. Also need to factor in zooxanthellae adaptation. Either way it's pretty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new