Source for aquaculture tanks?

ectoaesthetics

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2018
Messages
388
Reaction score
431
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Looking for a supplier of either fiberglass or poly tanks. Looking for LARGE tanks 8'x4' and any depth really works for me. The best source I can find is hands down Pentair -cost and quality. HOWEVER, I live on the opposite coast.... and thats a long way to ship a super super large container (read: expensive shipping) and I'm clearly not taking a road trip to pick it up. Any thoughts for finding them on the west coast? I ran across posts stating Pentair ships free -they do on parts but not on large aquaculture tanks.

Figured this crew would be THE crew to ask.
 
Hey all,

Looking for a supplier of either fiberglass or poly tanks. Looking for LARGE tanks 8'x4' and any depth really works for me. The best source I can find is hands down Pentair -cost and quality. HOWEVER, I live on the opposite coast.... and thats a long way to ship a super super large container (read: expensive shipping) and I'm clearly not taking a road trip to pick it up. Any thoughts for finding them on the west coast? I ran across posts stating Pentair ships free -they do on parts but not on large aquaculture tanks.

Figured this crew would be THE crew to ask.

Does Pentair have a dealer around you atall? They might be able to source them for cheaper shipping rates... another option would be to build them yourself using plywood. Would be pretty cheap and you can easily make the size you want to....

You can also look around for local suppliers of large spill trays. Might be easier to track down somewhere local...
 
Plywood and fiberglass? Or are you sealing the plywood with something?
 
Botanicare has a 115g tank that is 83"x35"x13.5" (about 7'x3') that several small coral farms use for frag tanks.
 
Plywood and fiberglass? Or are you sealing the plywood with something?

Plywood would be sealed with a product called pond armour, it's a liquid coating that waterproofs it. Quite a few plywood tanks and sumps around using the same method even some frag tanks.
 
Botanicare has a 115g tank that is 83"x35"x13.5" (about 7'x3') that several small coral farms use for frag tanks.
Thanks I’ll check it out.

Anyone out there checked out (in person) or used Bushman’s hydroponics tanks? The look promising.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new