Southwest Coral Farmers Market-Arizona

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right, the Coral Farmers Market will be coming to Arizona for the first time this year. If you are not familiar with CFM or have never been to one you will not be disappointed. The event will take place at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Off of Mill Ave and East Fifth Street. This one day venue is open to the public for FREE this year. So mark your calender for November 23th and get ready to be overwhelmed with exotic frags.

Here is the description of the event on the CFM website.

"We are pleased to announce that the Southwestern Coral Farmers Market is moving to Phoenix this year. On November 23rd 2013 the CFM will be co-hosting the event with the Arizona Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (AZ F.R.A.G.). This is a relatively new group based in the Phoenix area that has experienced phenomenal growth the past couple years. The 2013 SW-CFM event will occur in the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel in Tempe Arizona. There will be up to 23 coral farming and exhibiting vendors who will be selling and displaying their captive grown, cultured corals or reef related products to the public. Some of the best coral farming vendors from Arizona, Colorado, Texas and California will be setting up coral displays. Farmers will include aquarists, retail reef shops, online coral shops and full scale coral farming enterprises. There will also be exhibitors present who will be demonstrating and selling their products. This SW-CFM event will also feature auctions, raffles and door prizes throughout the day. Reef aquarists new to the captive reef market can also expect to see a fine collection of easy to keep beginner corals. We are encouraging our farmers to bring plenty of farmed soft corals along with their exotic farmed stony corals. And this event features free attendance for the public. So come to the event and make some deals with our vendors, while taking a chance on some great raffle prizes and possibly even making a bid on a exotic coral auction.

SW-CFM and CFM Staff"

Where:
Tempe Mission Palms Hotel
Palm F & C Rooms NE corner
60 East Fifth Street
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Phone: 480 894-1400

When:
Saturday, November 23rd, 2013
Opens to Public 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM

Vendors and a floor plan are TBA.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple of teaser photos Reef Culture sent me for a taste of what they will be bringing.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the raffles for the event.

2:30 PM
AR131-Blue Tip Stag Beginner $15 retail
AR134-Prism Favia $25 retail
AR135-Setting Sun LE Montipora $50 retail
AR141-Lazers Pumpkin Glow Chalice $54 retail
AR143-Joe the Coral Acro $52 retail

1:30 PM
AR132-Blue Angel Favia $36 retail
AR136-Forest Fire Montipora $40 retail
AR138-Jack-O-Lantern Leptocercis $80 retail
AR140-WWC Toxic Pie Chalice $72 retail
AR142-DFS Kiwi Abyss Acro $58 retail

2:30 PM
AR133-Mystic Grape Favia $42 retail
AR137-Golden Galaxay LE Chalice $74 retail
AR139-WWC Blazing Pavona $64 retail
AR144-Mr Pacman Acro Tiny $90 retail
AR145-WT Blue Flame Acro Tiny $100 retail

Gonzo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait!

I will be bringing only the best and most colorful corals I have

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to begin with mentioning how overdue this is. This should have been posted right after the event, and I apologize for my short absence.

As for our first Southwest Coral Farmers Market........Everyone that attended and was part of this, YOU_ROCKED_THIS_SHOW!!! We were extremely successful and I am very proud at how you all represented Arizona. There is NO doubt that this will become an annual event that we can put on every year.

I really hope everyone had a good time. i am very thankful to be part of this. I am humbled by all of your comments I have read. We truly appreciate all the support we have received. Thank you all so much!!

Now on the flip side we could use some constructive criticism for next year. So if there was something that you would have liked to see done different please let us know. Your feedback is important.

Now where can I possibly begin with the thank yous? How about here.

I would like to thank our guest Steve Tyree himself for helping organize this great event. And for letting us use the equipment (that i wouldn't have thought of) for this event. For being a great and humble shephard of our very successful first time show. I couldn't have done it with out you.

Jake for a surprising appearance. I spent a good amount of the weekend with Jake and learned and incredible amount through him. Also thank you for the promotions.

I want to thank my volunteer crew that did way more than they should have to help out at this event. I think of these guys as my family.

Roy "Weyrman", You did a ton to help get the raffle organized. You help with setup and breakdown. You have exceeded your expectations as a club treasurer and I want everyone to know have much Roy has been a vital asset to AZ FRAG. You da man Roy.

Mark "M-sixhundred", I felt like I asked to much of you because you also went far out of your way to help make this event possible and for this club to run as well as it does. Thank you so much!

Ryan "NaClH20NMYVEIN" Thank you for helping Saturday with the set up and everything you do for PROP. You do an amazing job and I am proud to be able to work with you to make this a better reefing community.

Elliott, thank you so much for the private tour of your tank with Jake and thank you for all your help Saturday.

Allen "Stolireefer", Thank you for setting up the stands and helping setting up the room. Things went really fast and smooth for set up. Thank you for all the jokes and keeping this fun. We can't wait for your reality TV show to come out. LOL

Hunter "Evolved", for helping with the set up and breakdown. You got us going fast and efficiently . Thank you.

Chis "GCFiend" thank you so much for all the help even tho I asked at the last minute. You pulled though and I really appreciate it.

Eric "Zibba" Thank you for volunteering and helping. We didn't get to talk too much Saturday but I am glad you were there.

Shane "aquainas", Thank you for getting the SpectraPure raffle donation. And thank you for showing and debuting your awesome booth at the show. And Thank you to SpecturaPure, again, for supporting our club for so long, and for the donation for the raffle.

Dan Carver, Thank you for getting us the raffle donations from Reef H2O. Those were some great prizes to make a great raffle. Thank you Reef H2O for the donations.

Thank you Nick "Sharkbait", Jarred, and Ryan, you know why. I owe you guys.

I want to thank all the vendors and their employees and helpers that made this show possible. Our local LFS represented extremely well for first timers. I hope everyone was satisfied with the show and I am very grateful you all were able to make it out. We got some great new stores debuting at the show, Limited Edition Corals and Southwest Aquaculture. And the great established stores, Reef Culture and Great Ocean Wonders.

Thank you to the out of state vendors ReefKoi, Gonzo Corals, YourReef, The Coral Shop, and Reef Farmers, that were able to work hard to make it out here. You guys are clearly vets at this kind of thing and i hope you found our little show worth your while and you are able to come back next year. You all did a great job. And I was honored to have you all at our event.

Thank you MACNA2014 for the donated full passes to MACNA in Denver Colorado this next year. Going to be a great show. I can't wait for it myself.

Thank you Reef Pest Solutions for donating some bottles of your RPS All Out reef pest dip. i am very impressed with your product and i hope everyone gets a chance to see how remarkable it is.

And of coarse, thank you to all of you for showing up supporting the club, supporting Coral Farmers Market, and for supporting all of the vendors that showed. I hope you all had a great time and if there is anything I can do to improve this next year PLEASE let me know.

I want to thank all the nice folks at Tempe Mission Palms that made this a very easy and smooth process.

If I missed anyone, I apologize, but believe me that I am so very thankful that you were able to help make this a very successful show.

LET"S DO IT AGAIN!!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 103 75.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back