Space invader Pectina

kathya0321

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2014
Messages
82
Reaction score
15
Location
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My space invader pectina came off it's skeleton, I found it in the sand. If I put it in a small container with rubble will it reattach it self? I would put it on a rock near where it was, but I'm afraid it will just blow around in the tank.
 
Hard corals are not like mushrooms as far as attachment goes. There internal skeleton is excreted by the polyps as the coral grows. Some rare occurrences of hard corals developing new skeletons have been reported but for most of the time these events are an end of the road for the coral.

Try what you can, good luck & Sorry about the situation.
 
Can you show a picture?
It's a little shrunk up right now, but was looking very healthy when it slid off. Just going to leave it in the container and see what happens.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3548.jpg
    IMG_3548.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 45

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new