Space Invaders arrived. Run for the hills!

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
1,931
Reaction score
241
Location
SAn Jose
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is a special day for me. I finally received my Space Invaders Pectinia.

I have been searching for this beautiful coral for a long, long time. I finally decided to drop some coin and make the purchase.

I couldn't resist the flourescent green coloration with speckles of gold in the eye.

This coral is definetly one of a kind and my favorite pieces.



SI 1.jpg



Look at the SI sitting up on its 2 inch frag disc.

I can't wait for the feeder tentacles to come out tonight.

SI 2A.jpg



Here is the free Pink Cadillac monti frag
Tyree Cadillac Monti 1.jpg
 
Very sweet pickup, Wesley, and good size frag too!

The texture on these looks awesome...am i correct in seeing that it has tiny raised bumps that fluoresce all over it?
 
It's hard to describe how these look. To me they look like green pixilated fluorescent dots. Really a one-of-a-kind piece.
 
Good luck with the specimen! It is gorgeous!!
 
Very sweet pickup, Wesley, and good size frag too!

The texture on these looks awesome...am i correct in seeing that it has tiny raised bumps that fluoresce all over it?

The tiny raised bumps is just the flesh sitting on the skeleton, I guess.

The Space Invader reminds me of the candy cane / trumpet coral. At times the flesh will expand and appear blown up and other times the flesh looks deflated.


It's hard to describe how these look. To me they look like green pixilated fluorescent dots. Really a one-of-a-kind piece.

Yes, this coral truly is one of a kind.

About one after I placed the SI into my display, it settled in and the whole flesh is now speckled bright green.

The flesh did deflated, so I can make out the skeleton, but I am loving the color.


Good luck with the specimen! It is gorgeous!!

Thanks, I will need the luck.

This is the First time owning this coral, so I hope tokeep it for a long time.


What a great piece. Great addition to the tank. The pigment is one of a kind

Yes, I agree, this really is a great addition to my tank.

I can't wait for it to grow into a nice colony.
 
They're not hard to find for sale, but def a collector's price tag! I just love the colony pictures that I've seen of them.
 
This is mine. I love it. Do you think it is a real vivid space invader? I bought it from them as a limited edition. Good Luck with yours it is sweet.


Space Invader 022413_2.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new