Spaghetti worm?

silly_blenny

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2023
Messages
30
Reaction score
40
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to confirm, but is this a spaghetti worm of some sort? I spotted it on the glass and removed it to take a look at it under my dissecting microscope. Just want to make sure that it isn't anything nefarious!


IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_6302.jpeg
 
I have them in my tank and while they mainly stick to the rock crevices, it's surprising how often I see them floating through the water column, on the glass, or in my filter pads. I guess they just use the current when they want to find a new home. Mine reproduce readily, even in my bare bottom tank, and have never been a problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new