Spathulata Colony RTNing

thefullmonti

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2014
Messages
91
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has been slowly losing color, today I notice some RTN at the base of the colony...Everything else in the tank is healthy, including other spathulata [frags]...I hear these types are hard to keep, has anyone had long term success with this sort of sps?
 
fwiw, i have had my wild colony for about 8 months, and it is slowly receding from the base up. It has been my experience that wild colonies often have to be chopped up to survive this for some reason I cant explain. I begrudgedly chopped off 2 large branches and mounted them a couple of days ago to see if I could stimulate some growth and avoid losing the whole colony
 
Ya my two other spaths are doing great and theyre frags, I'll Probably chop this sucker up and see what happens, Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new