Spawned stereonephthya

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
1,647
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures is stereonephthya babies created by spawning and or a frag disintegrating and the pieces growing back. These are rooted in my return.

948F6117-498D-4C4E-85B3-14A3E06758D9.jpeg 455355A7-B5B7-49EA-8B7D-74149FDF087E.jpeg DCBF587F-6576-4F28-8CA6-33CD9483EAF4.jpeg
 
Congrats! I wish we knew more about how and why some corals spawn in our tanks while others can go decades with no action.
 
Congrats! I wish we knew more about how and why some corals spawn in our tanks while others can go decades with no action.



I assume some of the ones that don't spawn may come in male and female and both need to be present. IDK honestly.
 
I assume some of the ones that don't spawn may come in male and female and both need to be present. IDK honestly.
Nope each polyp is an individual animal so the odds of that happening are one in a million. Plus they have both parts
 
That makes sense because earlier this year I had an indo torch spawn in my tank all by itself and now I have like a hundred torches all over my tank.
 
Nope each polyp is an individual animal so the odds of that happening are one in a million. Plus they have both parts



Are you sure? Because articles I've read have used language like "many species of corals are hermaphrodites", which I'd think would imply not all are.


Here is a quote from one; "Coral colonies can be comprised of solely hermaphrodites, single sex individuals or a mix or male, female and hermaphrodite corals."
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new