Special lighting needs for Lionfish or Triggers?

JamesThomas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
67
Reaction score
16
Location
ELYRIA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, Im sure most will be pleased to hear I will not be getting a coral cat. a bit to docile for my likes among other things. So Im going with a lionfish and a few triggers.
My question is, are there any lighting requirements I should keep in mind? too much light? not enough? LED, T5? the tank width is 48" and Im not really ready to break the bank. my sump has an old Current setup that I got on the cheap and I really like it. 2yrs old now.
 
No special lighting, what ever that is pleasing to you, they will get used to what ever you use. Initially you may find more activity from the lion with the lighting on the lower end. I'm not sure what triggers you have in mind, but a 48" tank would not be the optimum sized tank. Basically all triggers will outgrow that tank, some faster than others, and the more aggressive would be wise to avoid all together.
 
thanks for the input!! Might just have 2 lions and a cheapie LED light
 
Just to add, I've always read that trigger and lions aren't the best tank mates. That many triggers will tend to nip at the spines of a lion.
 
yes at this point Im looking at either one or the other, not thinking about both .....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new