Speciosa grown from a frag

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamsReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I love speciosa. I've only got 1 frag but it's been going for 4-5 months now. I really want to try another one but the price point to survival rate has me holding off for now. I purchased mine as a frag from a maricultured piece from my LFS back in October. I'll bump the thread later with a "then and now" picture even though not much has changed in growth. Color is looking okay though.

Thats a killer looking piece @coral reeftank I really like that color combo. Nice work
 
Bump with 4-5 months of settling on this speciosa frag
10/22
Speciosa.jpg

Today
Speciosa-3.jpg
 
here is one that has grown a bit sense i originally acquired it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3733.jpeg
    IMG_3733.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 181
Here's a pic I just took. It's a little lower angle, but you can see that it has now encrusted over the edge of the frag plug.

CC Flaming Sunrise.jpg
Updated pic. I took a small frag off of it to start a grow out colony.
IMG_0710.jpeg
 
Does this have a name? Nice piece! What PAR around you have it in? And would you say high or medium flow?

Thanks! I’m getting my first speciosa soon.
This is CC Flaming Sunrise. It's under about 400-450 PAR. High flow.
 
Keep it low....doesn't need a lot of light 200 par or so. It can handle high flow but will grow in a tighter type bushy form. If you want long winding branches than keep the flow lower
It baffles me that these don’t come into the US anymore.
 
I’d say speciosa has been a little difficult to grow as well. Very slow and temperamental. Been growing this frag out from a wild colony for little more than a year.
IMG_2658.jpeg
 
Hi , I know this is a long shot is this nib a speciosa it was off a wild colony that didnt survive shipping i was told
DSC_3486 GD LITTLE NUB.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new