OP
OP
swayd

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went ahead and grabbed a few more coral this past week!
I got me some Rastas, Red Hornets, Pink lemonade acro, green monti and rainbow birdsnest!

I have been struggling a bit with some algae but I noticed last night that it is starting to lose its color and it's washing away. I want to say that my recent water changes have been helping with this since I have been doing a 5 gallon water change every other day for about a week now! Another WC is due tomorrow so I'll keep up with this for about 2 more weeks to see if anything good comes out of this.

OP
OP
swayd

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have added so many more corals to the tank its not even funny! Everything is doing extremely well, I just have some GHA here and there but not a big deal. I am getting a new phone soon and will finally have some quality pictures coming your way!
#reef2reef
#worldwidecorals
#mywwccontest

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and set up you have there! I have the same exact tank... I'm kinda a fan of it, but at the same time I'm not. I love the length and width but wish the height was around 16-18 inches instead of 24. I'll see if I can add some pictures here in a little bit :) the tanks not looking the best because I'm in the transition of switching over all my equipment so I can get a sump and building a new stand... so ignore how dirty it is + I gotta fix the right side of the scape ;)
IMG_4440.JPG

IMG_4441.JPG

OP
OP
swayd

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your tank looks great. Love the minimalist scape, I always go for that look but end up with 50lbs of live rock lol. Get that bad boy drilled and add that sump! You will thank yourself in the long run.

Here are some crumby pics of some coral from my tank.
IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same too you love your tank!
I tried to go as minimalistic as possible so my SPS has room to grow... still haven't added a ton of sticks just because I'd feel better about once I get a sump. LOL.

Also quick question for you... this tank is NOT tempered glass correct? I couldn't gin anything about the glass used on it... just wanted to make sure before I ended up with a bunch of glass all over :p

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
swayd

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was not tempered but I would check with the manufacturer before drilling.

OP
OP
swayd

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has been decommissioned. Broke it down and transferred all inhabitants to a new 40g IM about 3 weeks ago. New thread coming soon.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 54 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 52 24.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back