Spin Stream or VCA RFG nozzle

DoriReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
30
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone every used a random flow generator nozzle? I have a IM 25 lagoon and dislike the duckbill nozzles, I have found the spin stream and VCA nozzles. Is one better than the other?
 
The Spin Streams click which is super annoying. I use the VCA and like them just fine. There some STLs out there that are close enough if you have a 3d printer.
Yea had seen some people say how it clicked and then others say how it wasn’t, so I guess some do. Think I like the VCA better
 
The Spin Streams click which is super annoying. I use the VCA and like them just fine. There some STLs out there that are close enough if you have a 3d printer.
Yea had seen some people say how it clicked and then others say how it wasn’t, so I guess some do. Think I like the VCA better
I have dual spin streams. It does click but it’s barely even audible. I also have the VCA on my other tank. IMO the spin streams are better. My tank has zero dead spots and my corals are thriving.
 
I tried a couple RFG on an IM 20 and was not impressed. I ran open tubes and used powerheads for in tank flow. Ive never really depended on the return for in tank flow. The stock nozzles created to much shadowing sticking out in the 20. Probably not an issue on a larger tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new