Splatter frammer

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a spatter frammer frag and initially it was doing really well in my tank (it’s in my nano tank until my new 90 gallon is ready for corals) the last few days after the last water change it’s begun to shrink in and isn’t doing well
I had put in some purit in a media bag to help with the phosphate and tank in general so I removed that in case it was the issue.
The other corals I got at the same time (acans and zoa’s) are all doing great it’s just the frammer that is not looking well
I’ll attach picture of it now, the picture below is how it looked a week ago when it was doing ok, now you can see the base and it’s pulled in a lot
21E9FA30-65D1-43DF-A582-C0AAEF847813.jpeg

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My money is on salinity or zero nitrate/phosphate. I would get those retested ASAP as the hammer looks very unhappy and appears to be bleaching.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The salinity was too high and I’ve since adjusted it, I’m thinking since it’s a nano tank the salinity changes are stressing it more then it would in a larger tank

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything I can do to help it
Your best bet would be to get an ATO to stabilize your salinity swings and minimize any changes moving forward. It's already stressed so fix the root cause salinity / phosphate / nitrate and stop messing with the tank. After that, just let nature take its course and hope the hammer can recover.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning to move it and the rest of the tank to a larger tank and it will have an ato. I had planned on doing the upgrade this weekend but now think maybe I need to wait until the coral is looking better before making another change ‍♀️

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters?

bxclent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this and just had to laugh. I'm sure by now others have told you it's supposed to look like that ? It's a Splatter Frammer ! It's rather rare.
LOL

Back