Splitted anemone

Currierfarms14

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
211
Reaction score
113
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I recently had a rainbow bubble tip anemone split into 2, and I sold the smaller of the two of them. I kept the larger one, and for the first couple of days it looked fine. After about a week, I did a small water change and cleared off a lot of algae off the glass, and it never seemed to recover. Eventually I had to get rid of it as it wasn’t going to recover. Any information on why this happened and how to help prevent it going forward? I do have 2 maroon clowns that are good sizes that were hosting it. Thank you!
 
Tank perimeters?
 
Nitrates:0 ( thinking this may have something to do with it)
Salinity: 1.024
Calcium:420
Alkalinity: 8
Phosphate:.02

to give you an idea, all of my other coral are doing great. I have softy’s all the way to acropora
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new