Sponge ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anihiel1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Anihiel1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
627
Reaction score
714
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what species this is ? The color is absolutely beautiful. 125g FOWLR .

20260216_132632.jpg
 
Looks like an entrusting type of sponge, I believe that type can suffocate coral if it gets out of hand. Easily removed with a soft toothbrush.
 
No coral in that tank. Any danger to letting it go? Is this is any way toxic to fish...? Love the color but not if its a danger.
 
No coral in that tank. Any danger to letting it go? Is this is any way toxic to fish...? Love the color but not if its a danger.
I wouldnt worry too much, just keep an eye incase it starts taking over everything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new