Sponges

wvfeefkeeper80

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
36
Location
WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed some white roots on my toadstool a while back and after some research, determined these were sponges. Over the next few months, they’ve attached to more and more coral. Where I’m able, I remove them as a precaution and benefit of coral trying to extend.
Is this normal?
Will this endanger my coral?
How can I remove over aggressive sponges?

D731A6B4-9FC0-427E-8C15-A43EAC0D2F68.jpeg F044D1C4-A6C6-43F7-8C25-6B2E62CF8A03.jpeg F265012E-6DD4-498B-9AAE-611254EA8A13.jpeg 6117BCDD-481D-48E6-BA03-836E7EDDA90C.jpeg
 
I noticed some white roots on my toadstool a while back and after some research, determined these were sponges. Over the next few months, they’ve attached to more and more coral. Where I’m able, I remove them as a precaution and benefit of coral trying to extend.
Is this normal?
Will this endanger my coral?
How can I remove over aggressive sponges?

D731A6B4-9FC0-427E-8C15-A43EAC0D2F68.jpeg F044D1C4-A6C6-43F7-8C25-6B2E62CF8A03.jpeg F265012E-6DD4-498B-9AAE-611254EA8A13.jpeg 6117BCDD-481D-48E6-BA03-836E7EDDA90C.jpeg
Brush off.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new