Spontaneous coral, or something else?

jordanphulet

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
36
Reaction score
1
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this, I noticed it on the glass today, it's about the size of a BB? I couldn't get a get picture from the other side, but it looks like a polyp. I've heard of pocillopora reproducing sexually in reef tanks before, I do have a pocillopora colony. Anyone seen this before?
IMG_0610.jpg
 
hard to tell from the pic but possible a hydroid in the medusa life stage ,doubt it is from a pocillopora as you more than likely would of seen a clouding in your water
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new