Spotlight on the EcoTech Marine Radion XR30 Pro | BRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R,

We've had some sick team members this week, so we had to take a small break from our ULM series. We should be back to the next ULM episode next week, but in the meantime let's shed some light on the Radion XR30 Pro! :)

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you guys have 1000s of things to do and I appreciate all BRStv has done thus far but It would be nice to see how the Gen 4 Pro compares to the G3 pro and G2 pro in terms of spectrum, PAR and PUR.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another great video Randy! Are there any plans to test the XR30 Pro with the diffuser?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you guys have 1000s of things to do and I appreciate all BRStv has done thus far but It would be nice to see how the Gen 4 Pro compares to the G3 pro and G2 pro in terms of spectrum, PAR and PUR.

Man, this would be a really good test! Unfortunately, I don't see us chasing this one down as I'm sure we don't have G2 or G3 Radions in house still. If we did, I'm not sure we could consider it a fair comparison since most G2 and G3 Radions out there have usage hours on them and we haven't tested the full effects of burn time on these LEDs just yet. :)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another great video Randy! Are there any plans to test the XR30 Pro with the diffuser?

Thanks Greg! I'm not sure if Ryan has a plan to have these tested with the diffusers or not. I'd imagine the spectrum blending and caustic line reduction to be about the same as what we found with the XR15 and PAR reduction perhaps equally scaled in ratio, but testing would tell us for sure!

captainsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahoy there Randy,
I have a question for you.
I purchased the first generation radions about 5-6 years ago and they are still in the original boxes. I heard that the company will take them back for upgrading.
Do you know if they do this?
Thanks for all the great info you guys put out!!
Capt. Smitty

kupper57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capt. Smitty,
It is true. I sent my Gen 1 pros in and had them upgraded. They only upgrade the old ones to a G3 though. It is still better than the original. Go to their website. The prices and how to do it are all there.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahoy there Randy,
I have a question for you.
I purchased the first generation radions about 5-6 years ago and they are still in the original boxes. I heard that the company will take them back for upgrading.
Do you know if they do this?
Thanks for all the great info you guys put out!!
Capt. Smitty

This is pretty interesting! I haven't personally heard of them doing that before, but kuddos to them if they are! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back