Spots on red Xenia

nshepard302

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
3
Location
house springs
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260314_111853_C51B2307-7BAA-4B59-816E-8FDE60CB538A.png
Is that something to worry about, added a few days ago and dipped before adding
 
Hey, not going to lie, its a good thing...for xenia to die.

Im speaking from experience, that stuff causes people to shut down tanks. I had to shut down 2 and scan and scrape rocks for hours because of that stuff, and some still made it through to the new tank.

It sucks loosing coral, but xenia needs to be treated like a pest, like with as much urgency as ich. Id argue they're worse than aptasia.
 
ruby red Xenia doesn’t grow as fast as normal Xenia that said I wouldn’t dip them it is probly very mad but shouldn’t die provided your tank has nutrients
 
Hey, not going to lie, its a good thing...for xenia to die.

Im speaking from experience, that stuff causes people to shut down tanks. I had to shut down 2 and scan and scrape rocks for hours because of that stuff, and some still made it through to the new tank.

It sucks loosing coral, but xenia needs to be treated like a pest, like with as much urgency as ich. Id argue they're worse than aptasia.
I have Xenia in my other tank, had it for 3 years and never outgrew its rock, it’s strange how they do it in some tanks and not in others
 
I have red xenia as well but doesn't pulse as much
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new