***SPRING GROW OUT CLASS 3 sign up’s***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t show much color out of water but here’s one Adam’s colonies.
IMG_1167.jpeg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This video shows a huge colony.

That is an amazing specimen! I had a pipe dream in my early years of setting up a 48x48 and planting one single efflo in it and just let it do its thing.

This isn’t too far off.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an amazing specimen! I had a pipe dream in my early years of setting up a 48x48 and planting one single efflo in it and just let it do its thing.

This isn’t too far off.
That’s funny cause when I got a frag of red dragon recently the guy had a 2x4 low boy that was almost full with a single colony.. I was like wow I could buy 100 frags and have my entire tank a full red dragon colony! It would be different and really cool!

Ghostbuster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is part of an article from Reef Builders in 2014 (reef builders.com). The picture is from one of Greg Carroll’s old tanks in 2008. The bottom plating acro is the Solitaryinses (Soli) and top one is the Ultimate Efflorescens (Efflo). Beautiful picture that inspires a reef hobbyist to emulate!

IMG_0539.jpeg

Last edited:

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
oddly enough. I've had a lot of issues shipping larger frags of the greg C. But otherwise efflos are pretty much invincible. lol. Like, I've picked up piece that were almost dried out completely off the floor, threw them on a plug and they were fine. lol.

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oddly enough. I've had a lot of issues shipping larger frags of the greg C. But otherwise efflos are pretty much invincible. lol. Like, I've picked up piece that were almost dried out completely off the floor, threw them on a plug and they were fine. lol.
Good because that’s what I’m going to need if I’m going to get any growth from mine

Last edited:

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tri color valida like that. Its the terminator of acros, like one of the old avocado green fridges. Its unstoppable :)

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red dragon grew like crazy in my tank and then overnight just RTN on me. Grew a little nublet into a baseball in about 4 months and then bam just died. Tried fraggin pieces when it started didn't help.
That’s funny cause when I got a frag of red dragon recently the guy had a 2x4 low boy that was almost full with a single colony.. I was like wow I could buy 100 frags and have my entire tank a full red dragon colony! It would be different and really cool!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red dragon grew like crazy in my tank and then overnight just RTN on me. Grew a little nublet into a baseball in about 4 months and then bam just died. Tried fraggin pieces when it started didn't help.
It’s very finicky! Once it settles in thou it’s a weed! Mine took awhile to acclimate and peeled a little bit but stopped and now it’s growing outta control.

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tri color valida like that. Its the terminator of acros, like one of the old avocado green fridges. Its unstoppable :)
Put it in my tank ill find a way to kill it... call me the John conner of reefing

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I think I got it under control its just when I get lazier that I have problems. lar syndrome is real

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agree
It’s very finicky! Once it settles in thou it’s a weed! Mine took awhile to acclimate and peeled a little bit but stopped and now it’s growing outta control.
Agree. The dragon was probably one of the most rapid drops in price I’ve ever seen for a “high end” sps. lol.

Went from like 175.00 (Which was pretty insane in 2012) to a near freebie in like a year or so.

Maybe we should get the dragon in contention for a future grow out. Now that I think about it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back