Springeri Damsel for red flatworms?

VirginiaReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 gallon. mostly softies. small tomato clown and medium fatty royal gramma. i have a red flatworm problem. i saw that using flatworm exit they will all expire for the most part minus eggs but will release a toxin into the water so you have to do additional water changes and run carbon etc. I was going to see if its worth just doing flatworm exit in a bucket with the rocks individually and then shaking them off, rinsing maybe in another bucket of SW and then putting back in tank to help? i just got a springeri damsel and was wondering if anyone has ever used them for flatworms and if they actually helped at all? Thanks in advance for any help/experience/advice.

PXL_20230326_225324855.jpg PXL_20230416_225032658.jpg

ptrahan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t work for me for red planaria. FWE worked. Manually removed as many as I could before first treatment. No losses of fish or inverts. Removing individual rocks and treating them will not be effective. Many more that you cannot see. Water changes and carbon

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a springeri, or any other Chrysiptera damsel that didn't eat them. FWE never worked, only temporarily knocked them back, and required stronger and stronger doses each time, ultimately killing lots of the micro fauna in the tank.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only for sure livestock is the blue velvet nudibranch .

I’ve tried springerii damsels , spotted mandarin , Mel wrasse , six line wrasse and I don’t think they were able to keep up with eating them fast enough .
I added 2 blue velvet nudi and the flatworms were gone

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back